SWAT4LS is a workshop that provides a venue to present and discuss benefits and limits of the adoption of Web based information systems and Semantic technologies in biomedical informatics and computational biology.
The 2011 edition of SWAT4LS will be articulated on a one day workshop, preceded by a one day hackathon and one day of tutorials.
We are confident that the next edition of SWAT4LS will provide the same open and stimulating environment that brought together researchers, both developers and users, from the various fields of Biology, Bioinformatics and Computer Science, to discuss goals, current limits and real experiences in the use of semantic, web-based technologies in the Life Sciences and Biomedical Informatics.
Expression of interest for tutorials: 10th June 2011
- Submission opening: 12th September 2011
- Papers submission deadline:
7 October 201118th October 2011 (abstract must be submitted by the October 14th
- Early registration deadline: 15th October 2011
- Posters and demo submission deadline: 31st October 2011
- Communication of acceptance: 7th November 2011
- Camera ready: 21st November 2011
- Hackathon day: 6-7th December 2011*
- Tutorial day: 8th December 2011
- SWAT4LS Workshop: 9th December 2011
* The Hackathon will start on the evening of Tuesday 6th December with a get together to discuss ideas and plan activities for the next day