An emergency phone number will be provided after registration.
Expression of interest for tutorials: 10th June 2011
- Submission opening: 12th September 2011
- Papers submission deadline: 7th October 2011
- Early registration deadline: 21st October 2011
- Posters and demo submission deadline: 31st October 2011
- Communication of acceptance: 7th November 2011
- Camera ready: 21st November 2011
- Hackathon day: 7th December 2011
- Tutorial day: 8th December 2011
- SWAT4LS Workshop: 9th December 2011
The workshop and associated events will be held in the following locations in central London:
- Pre-Hackathon evenning (Tue Dec. 6th): To be defined
- Hackathon (Wed Dec. 7th): University of London Union, Malet Street, WC1E 7HY
- Tutorials (Thu Dec. 8th): University of London Union, Malet Street, WC1E 7HY
- Workshop (Fri Dec. 9th): Wellcome Trust Collection Conference Center, 183 Euston Road, NW1 2BE
- Social dinner (Fri Dec. 9th): To be defined
The Tutorials and Hackathon will be held at the University of London Union (ULU).
View SWAT4LS in a larger map
London is major international hub and the workshop venues are located within walking distance from Kings Cross St. Pancras International train station. The station offers convenient train links to most of UKs, as well as northern europe via the Eurostar train. Kings Cross St Pancras can be reached via direct metro connection from Heathrow, Luton, Gatwick, Stanstead and London City airports.
More information on London and how to reach it can be found at http://wikitravel.org/en/London#Get_in.
A number of hotel next to the venues are indicated in the above Google Map (scroll down for an additional clusters of hotel south of Russel Square. Hotels in blue are small hotels (20-30 rooms) with limited availability. Hotels in cyan are mid-range business hotels, and hotel in pink are high-range hotels. Given the location of the workshop, there is no reservation made by SWAT4LS. The above hotels are only suggestions: there are many more hotels in the area. Furthermore, the workshop is easily reachable by public transportation from anywhere in central London.
Please inquire with the individual hotels or check on booking.com for hotels and availability (the link points to hotels in the workshop area, you can expand the search to adjacent parts of London).